Sunday, January 29, 2017

Mini Beauty Review!



My all time favorite facial cream, Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrate!!! I've been using this cream for years. It's a bit on the heavier side of creams, but I still wear it both day and night. It's made of all natural ingredients - Shea Butter, Aloe Vera and Soy Protein, all rich in essential vitamins, fatty and amino acids. My skin feels super hydrated afterward. Tried and true with a great price point. I even gave one to my mother-in-law and she loves it!


I LOVE THIS THING. I actually found this at my local Target and wanted to try since I love all things Nuxe. This Nuxe Toning Lotion With Rose Petals smells absolutely amazing and is extremely soothing after a hot shower. I'm not sure many people know this about me, but I shower and wash my hair EVERY night. I cleanse and exfoliate my face in the shower and once I'm out and waiting to dry, I apply my toner with a cotton pad, eye cream and moisturizer and head straight to bed. The hot shower opens up all my pores, so this bad boy helps remove a decent amount of whiteheads.



OKAY. I KNOW I HAVE BEEN RAVING ABOUT THE PAST TWO PRODUCTS, BUT THIS IS ONE OF MY ULTIMATE FAVORITES AS WELL! I bought this baby in Japan in 2015, and I'm practically done with the jar... But I can't seem to let go of it. I don't even know where to rebuy this thing without having to buy a flight to Japan. The consistency is light and milky. Also smells amazing and makes my skin feel plump and dewy upon application. Wish I bought two jars instead of one!


Of all the makeup primers I have tried, this one has been my favorite. And I've tried many! The consistency of makeup primers are either too oily or pasty for me. This Glossier Priming Moisturizer is nice, creamy and light. But oddly, over time I seemed to have stopped reaching for it and just started wearing Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrate underneath. I noticed I get a little itchy after application (So weird!) so decided I could go without this product and not rebuy in the future.


The Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint is definitely LIGHT, LIGHT coverage. So light that sometimes I think I should just not even bother trying to put on any makeup on my face. Does not cover acne scars, dark under eye circles or redness (I guess that is what concealer is for?). Based on my experience with the Perfecting Skin Tint, I do not plan on rebuying and will keep using my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation for better coverage.



So at first, I was obsessed and madly in love with Glossier Boy Brow. I raved about it to all my girlfriends and could not stop gushing over how easy it was to use! My pencil and spool days were over! But then after a few uses, I noticed my eyebrows looked very patchy and uneven. The sparseness in my eyebrows seemed more apparent. If I tried to fill in these empty spots with an eyebrow pencil, it started to look heavy (Clearly wearing too much product!) or caked on due to the gel from the Boy Brow drying and hardening up. Wow, I hope this made sense.

Bottom line, not rebuying Glossier Boy Brow.

Love this mask! This Glossier Mega Greens Galaxy Pack has a thick consistency, is cooling and soothing upon application and tightens when it dries. It's filled with superfruit antioxidants, which makes your skin feel so refreshed! 


The Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser is sort of like your Cetaphil, except lighter. I use this in the shower everyday. I don't absolutely love, but I don't hate it either. It claims to remove makeup, but unfortunately it does not do a great job on me. I have to use Facial Cleansing Towelettes beforehand to get all my makeup off. The cleanser feels like more of a lotion, sort of slippery? Wouldn't mind rebuying this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment