Tuesday, May 30, 2017

My Favorite Beauty Products - May 2017

Makeup Remover Towelettes


I don't feel fully clean unless I take my makeup off with some makeup removing towels first. I actually found this random makeup removing towel brand called "Celavi" at my local H Mart and stock up on them whenever I am grocery shopping. They have so many different scents and I love that the towelettes feel very gentle on your skin! Plus at $1.99 a pack, they do an excellent job taking off makeup after a long day.

Facial Cleanser

Not pictured here, but my absolute favorite right now is by Kate Somerville, called ExfoliKate Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash. It's so gentle on the skin, removes a full face of makeup really well without leaving your skin dry and has glycolic acid, which fights fine lines, acne, blackheads, and dullness, and also lactic acid, which kills bacteria. I highly recommend!

Exfoliating Face Wash


My absolute favorite exfoliating product. This ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment truly, truly brightens up your complexion and makes your skin feel softer than a baby's ass. Even my husband noticed a difference and loves using it now. We both probably use this once or twice a week. Remember, it is important not to over exfoliate, or your skin could break out!

Facial Skin Toner


Need I say more? Bioderma Sensibio H2O is such a classic and cult favorite. It restores moisture balance without stripping your skin. I've been using this for years!


I use this Kate Somerville KateCeuticals Replenishing Toner in lieu of my Bioderma sometimes. The consistency of this toner is thicker and feels a little more like a lotion. It has hyaluronic acid, bamboo silica and pea extract, which helps boost the production of collagen, elastin and has skin firming benefits. It leaves my face feeling refreshed and hydrated.

Face Serum/Oil


Not pictured here, but I am loving my Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate and have been using it almost every night right before I apply my moisturizer. I've noticed my skin has felt softer and plumper. It has evening primrose oil and is very rich in omega-6 fatty acids. How could you not love? Also, thanks to my best girlfriend, I now am obsessed with this NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Dry Oil and love to pat this baby on to my face and neck. Another cult favorite by Ze French.

Face Moisturizer 


Okay, if you've followed me on this thing for years... First and foremost THANK YOU. But then I am sure you know I am a huge fan of Embryolisse Lait Crème Concentré and cannot live without it. It's the perfect moisturizer, not too thin or thick. It sort of feels like you're getting a mini hydrating facial. I always stock up on Embryolisse for fear of running out. Another favorite moisturizer of mine is Kate Somerville's Nourish Daily Moisturizer. It smells SO GOOD and leaves my face feeling soothed and silky.

Now I want to try the Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream since everyone raves about it and I am wondering if anything could possibly be better than Kate Somerville's Nourish Daily Moisturizer.

Sunscreen


Another favorite by many, I can't live without my EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46. It's hot as f* in Houston and the Summers can be intense to say the least. I love EltaMD because it's lightweight and doesn't feel heavy or greasy on my face. That's the last thing a girl needs. I usually mix this bad boy in with my foundation!

Eye Cream


I LOVE AVOCADOS. Mainly I love it on toast, but I welcome avocado oil, which is a rich, fatty acid that helps restore the skin's natural moisture. So, I've always thought that eye cream was just some hoax in the beauty industry because I've never seen eye cream do shit to my growing bags and dark circles, but I truly think this Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment With Avocado has helped reduce my dark circles. I've only had this for two months and so far I am loving it, but we'll see how I feel when I finish this jar. Stay tuned!

My Favorite Scent

 

 I can't live without my Le Labo Gaiac 10. The scent is indescribable. It has more of a woody, peppery incense smell to it, but it is unlike anything I've ever smelled. I don't think I've ever even heard of guaiac wood until I came across this fragrance. 

 Hair Must Haves


Okay ladies, listen up. This Tecni.Art Wild Stylers Next Day Hair Texturizing Spray is the shit. You have to order it! I always spray this into my hair, along with OUAI Wave Spray after I curl my hair. It provides instant lift and volume. Can't live without these two products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment